Do You Take Your Clients Through Exercises or Do You Have a Strategic Process?
Jenice and I hope your week is off to a great start. I am in currently in Houston having just attended the IYCA Training Summit. I was part of the original IYCA founding board and co-authored the initial IYCA Developmental Essentials manual so it was a great opportunity to reconnect.
Current IYCA president, Jim Keilbaso and his team put on an incredible event and I learned some really cool info from the panel of presenters. Jim invited me to be involved with the organization so I’m excited to contribute to their mission of progressing youth training. Stay tuned for more on that front.
While I was in Detroit, Jenice was in Florida learning advanced myofascial release from the European Osteopathic model. This is the information that will help her continue to be a Specialist in women’s health and more specifically working with women that have had abdominal, pelvic, chest, breast, and low back surgery.
One of the things we are most passionate about and persistent with is our continuing education.
Because our clients, as well as our Integrative Movement System™ community, need us to be Specialists which means we must continue to advance our knowledge, our strategy, and our process.
Speaking of process, do you have a specific and strategic process to work your clients through?
Meaning, do you have a strategic process for:
- Assessing your client to discover their non-optimal and inefficient posture and movement habits.
- Using the most effective corrective exercises to help your client create more optimal and efficient posture and movement habits.
- Integrating this information into the most appropriate fundamental movement patterns so your clients are effectively and safely achieving their health and fitness goals?
If you do have such a process, congrats to you because you are among the 10% of fitness professionals that actually do.
I love this quote by W. Edwards Deming who helped rebuild Japan after WWII:
“We should work on our process, not the outcome of our processes.”
That’s why in our facility, we focus our clients on the process – the education, fundamental skill development, and accountability – and not the outcomes (better posture and movement, less tightness and discomfort, being able to walk longer, run faster, lift heavier, etc.) of the process.
If you don’t have a process or don’t know how to start, we can teach you the proven, reliable, and repeatable process that we successfully use with all our clients.
- In fact, it’s the same process that Certified Integrative Movement Specialist™ Anthony Nuzzo used it to overcome neurological issues when medications and surgery were recommended.
- It’s the same process Jenice used to overcome years of chronic migraines and get off all her prescription and over-the-counter medication.
- It’s the same process Sara used to address her chronic back and hip issues after her C-section and dance-related injuries.
And it’s the same process I used to successfully address bilateral rotator cuff and labral tears in my shoulders without medications, injections, and/or surgery.
What exactly is that process?
The process is the Integrative Movement System™ Approach to Posture and Movement.
In tomorrow’s video, I’ll share 2 examples of the Integrative Movement System™ Approach to Posture and Movement process we take all our clients through.
Pay particular attention to the components of the process that create positive outcomes which most people fail to see and many times don’t want to see.
This is the same process that is ignored by most personal trainers because they would rather just give their clients sexy, trendy, and ‘fun’ stuff rather than guiding them through a process that will actually promote health and longevity.
Last week I discussed the #1 thing you need to be a Specialist is to ask yourself are you being purposeful with how you interact with your clients and run your business.
Two of the most important factors to your success, as well as your client’s success, is being purposeful and having a reliable, repeatable, and proven process.
The most extraordinary and effective leaders, CEO’s, and health and fitness professionals have a process so they:
- Have greater success
- Discover what is working
- Discover what is not working, why it is not working, and then can make the necessary adjustments
If your goals are to:
- Help more of your clients improve their health and wellness
- Attract more of the right individuals that need, want, and will pay you for expertise
- Develop yourself into the go-to specialist in your area
Then be purposeful and develop a systematic process for how you work with your clients.
We are process-oriented Specialists in posture, movement, and performance and we can help you become a Specialist as well. 😀
In this week’s video, I’m going to share with you 2 examples of how the Integrative Movement System™ can help your clients achieve their goals when they follow the process.
Because as I’ve shared with you before…
Your current clients – as well as your potential clients – are looking for a Specialist, not someone who will throw a bunch of trendy, gimmicky, or ridiculous exercises that they picked up from their favorite social media guru who knows nothing about training anyone but themselves.
In other words, your clients and your potential clients need for YOU to be a Specialist.
Our primary goal this year is to help you become the Specialist your current clients need and your potential clients will seek out.
The reason we share so much free content here in our blog, on our YouTube Channel, and/on Instagram (@iihfe), is to help you develop yourself into the Specialist for your current clients as well as your potential clients.
Dedicated to helping you make this year your best year ever as a health and fitness professional.
P.S. Do you want and need help developing a more purposeful and process-oriented approach to working with baby boomers and seniors, pre and post-natal, pre and post rehabilitation, pre and post joint replacements, as well as those everyday folks simply looking for safe and effective training programs?
Then join us in Orange County, CA in less then 3 weeks from now for the…
Integrative Corrective Exercise Instructor™ Certification Program
In this three-day intensive certification program – CEU’s available from ACE, NASM, and AFAA – you’ll discover:
- What assessments and exercises to do as well as what exercises you want or need to avoid with your older clients that have osteoarthritis, spinal stenosis, scoliosis, and joint replacements…
- How to use the principles of the Integrative Movement System™ – the foundational A, B, C’s – alignment, breathing, and control – to improve posture, chronic tightness, and movement…
- The most effective assessments, corrective exercises, and functional exercises to help your clients safely and effectively improve posture, balance, movement, walking, and performance!
Because you will be workshopping this information so you know exactly how it feels and so that you can confidently teach the information to your clients, this workshop is limited to 25 participants.
Go to: www.iihfe.com/certifications