Becoming an Integrative Movement Specialist™: Introduction to the Integrative Movement System™
Just 2 spots remain and they will go fast in the next IMS Certification beginning online March 1st!
We have done zero advertising for this certification course and we are almost full.
Final day to submit applications is this Friday, February 23rd. We will accept the first and best applications!
- Module I: The IMS Principles and The Core (online March/April)
- Module II: Function, Assessment and Conditioning of the Lower Extremity (online May/June)
- Module III: Function, Assessment and Conditioning of the Upper Extremity (online July/August)
- Module IV: Integration of the IMS Approach (5 day live workshop in Chicago in September)
- Online: March 2018-August 2018
- Live workshop: September 24-28, 2018
- Online: March 2018-August 2018
- Chicago: September 24-28, 2018
- The A, B, C’s of function – Anatomy, Biomechanics, and Control – you will discover
- functional anatomy (what do muscles really do versus what we learned in school), how to look at research and EMG studies and determine if the information about how muscles work in isolation is applicable or not to your client,
- biomechanics or how are our joints supposed to move and how do you determine if the joints are actually doing what you want them to be doing, and are your exercises respecting the normal kinematics of each joint
- motor control – how does the nervous system control posture movement, what does it look like when your client isn’t optimally controlling their posture and movement and how do you use this information to accurately assess your client’s posture and movement
- Develop and Execute the most appropriate corrective and progressive exercise strategy tailored specifically to help your clients accomplish their functional goals be it for life or for sport.
Requirements for Course Completion:
- Viewing and attendance of all four modules. (Both online and live workshop required)
- Completion of all tests and case studies by due dates. (4 total case studies)
- Successful completion of Lab exam
- Passing grade on written exam (completed after final module)
- Tuition paid in full per tuition agreement
Enrollment Tuition Available for a Limited Time:
- In full Tuition: $5897.00
- Pay down Tuition: $1500.00 at sign up followed by equal monthly payments throughout program. Total tuition with this option $5997.00.
- Monthly payment plan option: Equal monthly payments spread out from acceptance through the end of program. Payment Plan Tuition with this option $6297.00
Bonuses to the Tuition:
- Space is limited to 12 participants
- Conference call between modules with Evan Osar and the rest of your team to ask questions and discuss case studies
- IMS Certification Binder complete with hundreds of page of resource information (exclusive to the program)
- IMS Functional Muscle Testing and Assessment Manual (exclusive to the program)
- Full Access Pass to the Integrative Movement System Resource Center: Where you will be able to view the video content from all four modules. (exclusive to the program)
Read what students of the coursework have to say about their experience:
“The Integrative Movement Specialist Certification program is an incredibly comprehensive, yet practical and effective tool for any Fitness professional today. The program produced immediate results for my Fitness business, allowing me to expand my target client base and increase my exposure to the post rehabilitation population. The class modules, support materials and follow up by Dr. Osar and staff are first rate. I highly recommend the investment in Integrative Movement Specialist program.”
Steven Schmoldt Certified Personal Trainer, Integrative Movement Specialist-Team #1
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can I earn CEUs for my other certifications?
This is a separate certification and has not been approved for CEUs/CECs by other other organizations. However, many certification will allow you to submit attendance hours for non CEU providers or allow you to petition for CEUs. We are happy to provide you with the information required to do so. Please send us in writing what you need once you have completed the certification. However, we can make no guarantee of approval of this course by other organizations. Please check with your specific provider for details.
2. What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellation/Refund Policy: There are no refunds once the program begins. To receive a refund: It must be received in writing.
- Cancellations 121 days or more before event 90% refund of tuition paid to date.
- Cancellations 90-120 days before event 75% refund of tuition paid to date.
- Cancellations 60-90 days before event 50% refund of tuition paid to date.
- Cancellations 59 days or less before course start date 0% refund of tuition paid to date.
An applicant can transfer tuition paid to another IMS program to be completed within 2 years for a transfer fee of $500.00 plus remainder of tuition to paid on a schedule. Event Cancellation Policy: We reserve the right to change the dates/times of this program. We reserve the right to cancel this event up to 30 days prior to the event . In the event of a cancellation, all fees associated with the program registration will be refunded to the registrant. We are not responsible for any reimbursement of fees associated with travel and related expenses.
3. What if I am unable to attend the final module for any reason or am unable to complete the certification with my team?
If a student is unable to complete the coursework and would like to transfer into the next program, the student would be required to pay the transfer fee of $500.00 USD. Since we only accept 12 professionals per program, we would hold a spot for the student in the next program, thus eliminating space for a potential student.
4. We reserver the right to dismiss students from the program.
In order to create a positive and supportive learning experience for everyone we reserve the right to dismiss a student who is disruptive in any way to the learning and education process including but not limited to: providing false information, verbally or physically abusive, disrespectful to others, indecent behavior unprofessional behavior, late on assignments, use of information which infringes on copyright, any behavior that we deem does not support or is contradictory to the Integrative Movement Specialist ™ Certification. Should a dismissal occur there would be no refund of tuition paid to date nor any fees related to travel.